PACE and PACENet are Pennsylvania’s prescription assistance programs for older adults, offering low-cost prescription medication to qualified residents, age 65 and older. For information, call 1-800-225-7223.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for PACE and PACENET:
• You must be 65 years of age or older
• A Pennsylvania resident for at least 90 days prior to the date of application
• You cannot be enrolled in the Department of Public Welfare’s Medicaid prescription benefit
PACE and PACENET eligibility is determined by your previous calendar year’s income.
Social Security Medicare Part B premiums are now excluded from income. This change has the same effect as raising the income limits by that amount. For most Medicare beneficiaries, this amount is $1,258.80 per person for a year. For married couples, the excluded amount would be $2,517.60 for a year.
• For a single person, total income must be $14,500 or less
• For a married couple, combined total income must be $17,700 or less
• PACENET income limits are higher than those for PACE
• For a single person, total income can be between $14,500 and $27,500
• For a married couple, combined total income can be between $17,700 and $35,500
For more information, to download an application, or to apply online, please visit the PACECares website